The Mirror


Who is that in the mirror 
looking back at me
I am trying to figure out.
How did time get away 
from me so quickly and 
leave this person as the 
one that I now carry about.
Someone who holds the 
eyes to many tales and 
the skin of many different 
storylines at a very young age 
Black they say, is a history of ages

It's almost as if it just 
happened overnight even 
though it has been a lifetime.
At first I was a bit saddened 
to see the face there before 
my very eyes.
It wasn't at all the one in 
my mind so I thought it 
might just be a lie.
Then quickly that thought 
came to pass of how silly 
that seemed to be.
Yes, now as I'm smiling 
I can see that this face is 
for sure actually indeed 
really me.

I try not to stare to hard 
for those eyes just seem 
to stare back harder.
If you look past the surface 
and forget that you see the
newest superficial flaws 
inside is where you will find 
the truth for it is there just 
because.
An eye for an eye 
a tooth for a tooth 
the eye of the beholder is 
the one that holds all the proof.


What happens next as I look 
in the mirror and I'm returned 
with a blank stare,
The boy is now a man, 
I now see a man with 
confidence that won't be 
afraid to show the world 
It's art because this is the 
real me and I am really proud 
of my mistakes and weaknesses

The Mirror
©FellOut 2019
All rights reserved 

Comments

Popular Mails