Friends

Stumbled when I took my first steps. 
Not those first steps that a child first gets.
Rather the steps crossing over onto 
the road all alone.
The steps I had with someone else 
all my life until I was full grown.

Those first steps alone are when 
my knees first went shaky.
Then they were replaced 
with legs that quivered and quickly 
turned to jelly.
Then suddenly I started to stumble 
falling face first onto the ground.

Not a single soul was anywhere 
in sight to be found.
Those legs of jelly felt as if they 
were suddenly concrete.
Holding me down so I could not get up 
and run to become the winning masterpiece.

When I stumbled 
my face did in fact hit first.
With a face now covered in dirt 
it created such an overwhelming thirst.
A thirst to succeed on my walk alone 
and not that of a liquid.

With legs of jelly and an overwhelming
desire to quench my thirst
It was breaking my fragile character
 into pieces and apart
Contusion on my skin and ecchymosis 
in my life

Sitting trying to hold it all in
But holding back alone no-one wins.
Your pretty face speaks the true story.
The need I thirsted for and desired
A friend was the crutches i needed
Alone we are all lame, 
its more than life itself 
Its a desire 
Its a art of dependence

©Friends 2019
Image.©Erika/Doreen
All right reserved to Cjart

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Mails