Bad Liar

I could say
 I've forgotten it all,
How the time has come 
and passed
And all is laid to rest 
and at peace
But, I'm a bad liar,

I could say how 
my love has faded
How the season of passion 
is dead
And the yearning in my heart 
is no longer for you
But, I'm a bad liar,

My confession could be that 
I never felt for you
It was all an act and a game 
to pass the time
That you weren't everything to me,
That you weren't time 
and space and my very breath,
But, I'm a bad liar,

I could tell you 
I didn't love you the most
That my desire bobbed and tossed 
like waves on the sea,
That my finest thoughts 
weren't of you
Like a tower of sand 
you wash away from me
But, I'm a bad liar,

For all my words 
cannot betray my heart
They would choke in my fingers 
before written,
All my thoughts shape you again 
and again
And I resign not to the sickness 
of denial,
But only the solemn truth,
That reality bursts from me 
like raging fire that cannot be shut up,
That I love you and ache for you 
in my bones,
I could tell you this 
may be better left unsaid
But, I'm a bad liar

Comments

Popular Mails