Before You Speak

If Only I had the courage to tell 
you exactly the way I feel.
Maybe then you could better 
understand just how hard it is 
for me to deal.
If only you could hear my thoughts 
you to could share my fear.
Only then maybe I wouldn't feel 
so alone as I wiped away my tears.

If only you could see through my 
eyes maybe it would shed some 
light.
Then maybe you could better 
understand just how hard it is 
for me to fight.
If only you could walk in my 
shoes even if it were just for a day,
maybe then you would think twice 
about the twisted things you say.

If only you could feel my heart 
beating in your chest.
Maybe then you would have had 
more kind things you might offer 
or suggest.
If only you could stop and take 
the time to listen to my words.
Maybe then you might actually be 
aware of the amount of pain that 
comes from what it is you've heard.

I would like to offer you this friendly 
piece of advice.
Before you open up your mouth in 
hate you might want to stop
and think twice.
One day you too might be on the 
other end of those hateful words that 
you speak.
Kind words will go so much further 
when history inevitably goes 
on to repeat.

Comments

Popular Mails