STEPS

gave my all, my every ounce,

pushed on, despite, my pain.

Stumbled steps of jerk I flounce,

with tears, I drowned, my strain.


I tried, my best, to satisfy,

for you, of me, be proud.

Weary head, hung low in sigh,

no rest, for me, allowed.


This hill of such small incline,

my lean, into, this load.

I can't, complete, this task of mine,

my heart, the pain, explode.


My fall to knees, my face in dust,

sad eyes of disappoint.

Get up, the urge, get up I must,

all motion. stuck, disjoint.


You beat me hard, the whip of stick,

why have, I lost your love.

Such crippled load, I'm fading quick,

my harness, from me, shove.


With fading view, my dying sigh,

I see, your walk away.

Not one look back, just left to die,

no words, of comfort, say.


Used, abused, so cruelly took,

worn down to rag and bone.

Now gone, at last, my peaceful look,

free, from Hell, once known.


Will world, such cruel, give scorned denounce,

see suffer, such, again.

I gave my all, my every ounce,

pushed on, despite, my pain.



Comments

Popular Mails